I’ve been working on a ton of photography things, being a good wife and playing chauffeur to my kids as usual, but I wanted to share a sneak peek of a few things in the works…
- First up would be some changes to the blog and website… Did you notice my little sun heart logo has gone into retirement? I kinda miss it already, but the time had come for it to be put to rest. The story behind the sun heart actually came from when I lived in Arizona. Phoenix is referred to as the Valley of the Sun, so when you add a little love, a sun heart logo was born. Well, and I also had 2 keychains from the Coach store that overlapped on my keyring one day forming a sun and a heart… So it was kind of meant to be. It really represented happiness, love, sunny days, everything that made you feel good, but it didn’t necessarily compliment my photos and sometimes distracted from the elegance, so with a fond goodbye, or adios as I sometimes say… I’ll find a new use for you sunshine! But… Please know I’m still the same sunny, happy person you know and love! 🙂 Some bigger changes are coming so check back and hopefully the transformation will be complete in the coming month.
- Next I want to send a big hug to all my past brides that gave me such great reviews and made Burnett Photography one of the recipients of the 2010 Brides Choice Awards! Thank You Girls! I once won a haircut in the 2nd grade, and it was BAD, (notice the capital letters) so I’m not much for contests, but I was honored that my brides said such sweet things! I love each and every one of them!
- I was having a conversation the other day about canceled weddings and how it is better to cancel the wedding if you know it isn’t going to work out. Which got me thinking… I went back though all my brides and guess what, every single one of them is my friend on facebook, AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM IS STILL MARRIED! WOW… I’m at 100% over 5 years and I like those odds!
- Then there is my friend David Dismukes, who loaned me his old school Nikon film camera today! He even gave me 3 rolls of film, now THAT is Southern Hospitality! Look out people… This takes me back to the college days, well, except I’m not developing these in the darkroom, using my teeth to open the canisters and loading rolls of film in to spools all by myself. I’ll leave that to the professionals. Thank You David!
- There was once that I was broke, I need money. So, what I did is that I went to a site called LoanLoad UK. I processed the application form through online and they approved it. For more information on how I did it? You can click now.
- Lastly, and because blog posts are way more fun with pictures… I’ll leave you with a shot from a wedding a few weeks ago… Ashley and Owen were absolutely amazing and their friends and family were a blast! These reception images were from the gorgeous Moore’s Mill country club in Auburn Alabama.